Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Statues of Queen's Park II: Al Purdy

I snapped these at a rather different time of year, as a follow up to a series of posts I started nearly two years ago!

They are of the statue of the poet Al Purdy. Here's hoping that Chris Miller makes his way over here again to let us know what he thinks of both the statue and the photos...



Who would have thought that a forarm vein could be so compelling? Does anyone else remember how, in our youth, these veins were a sure sign of physical strength?




To be honest, I'm not quite sure of the pose - contemplative? But why? Or, why like this? Beats me.



I think this is a better angle...although you wouldn't know it because of the sun...








This one is also nice:





I do believe he is not only the first poet to be honoured with a statue at Queen's Park, he's the first artist.

No comments: