Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In other news

Today is the 200th birthday of the Richard Wagner. 

I wish I had something bloggy to say about him, you know, cheeky and showing off how smart and above it all I am, but all I can say is that his operas are some of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced.

As someone also doing a PhD in German, I should especially say something about his impact on German history, but all I can say is that his operas are some of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced.

1 comment:

Marlo said...

You don't have to; everyone else is already doing that. http://www.kulturkaufhaus.de/de/das-kulturkaufhaus/aktuelles/blog-post/2013/05/13/vom-gruenen-huegel-zum-gruenen-stuhl-setzen-sie-sich-mit-wagner-auseinander/

Though I'm not sure what to make of the hype either.

I know someone who refuses even to give Wagner's music a listen because she detests his person.