Wednesday, June 05, 2019

The end that never comes

It's been over three years since I wrote anything on this blog.  I have no explanation as to why it's taken me this long to post something again, except that blogging has been dying for years and I was never very good or reliable as a blogger anyway.  I also went on Facebook again, which substituted for blogging, albeit for a much smaller audience, but clearly provided a dopamine rush that blogging has never been able to match since oh, maybe 2004?

I always felt that I would be shutting this thing down officially, or, failing that, Blogger would simply remove my blog without telling me, and this archive of my thoughts would be gone forever.  Instead it seems that it will just continue to hobble along on its own, with or without me. 

But this thing has been around for 13 years, which is kind of amazing, and it recalls to me all of the plans I'd made, the various postures and tones I'd taken, how often I can hear myself writing something, and how often it doesn't sound like me at all.  But it was all me! 

I am also aware that this, like a lot of my posts, is a content-free plea for time, yet another request for my reader's indulgence. But the door is still open, so I may as well let myself in here once in a while.

What will I post about?  Who knows?  And really, who cares?  I never did.  

4 comments:

Tadhg Ó Muiris said...

More! More!

Andrew W. said...

Ha! We'll see!

Marlo said...

Hey i can’t find the like button on this thing....

Andrew W. said...

Ha! It's so retro!